Politics

Donald Trump pulls back on plan to attack Iran tomorrow, citing ‘serious negotiations’ after months-long war

Donald Trump pulls back on plan to attack Iran tomorrow, citing ‘serious negotiations’ after months-long war

President Trump said he will hold off on his plan to attack Iran on Tuesday local time at the request of leaders in the Middle East, indicating a peace deal could be imminent.

President Trump said he will hold off on his plan to attack Iran on Tuesday at the request of leaders in the Middle East, indicating a peace deal could be imminent.

“We were getting ready to do a very major attack tomorrow, and I’ve put it off for a little while, hopefully, maybe forever, but possibly for a little while, because we’ve had very big discussions with Iran and we’ll see what they amount to,” Trump said at a White House event Monday.

“I was asked by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, [United Arab Emirates] and some others if we could put it off for 2 or 3 days, a short period of time, because they think that they are getting very close to making a deal,” he added.

The president’s remarks came about an hour after he fired off a social media post announcing that he would delay new strikes amid progress in negotiations.

“Serious negotiations are now taking place,” he wrote on Truth Social.

He added that the leaders believed “a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond. This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!”

Trump had been prepared to restart Operation Epic Fury after the ceasefire, which began on April 8th, continued to drag on without any progress made toward a deal.

However, an intervention from the Qatari Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan made him hold off.

But Trump is prepared to launch another military assault if no peace deal is made, saying he’s instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth and Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff General Daniel Caine to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached.”